Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Morning, afternoon, and evening sickness...


Sorry I haven't written in a few days. I have become a walking Pepto-Bismol commercial...nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach...check. I haven't been able to keep anything down except yogurt, whole wheat bagels, and crackers with peanut butter. After last night, yogurt is no longer on that list after I took one bite and ran to the bathroom and threw up everything I'd eaten since six. I have come to the conclusion that a man came up with the name "morning sickness." It sure doesn't contain itself to the morning. It's morning sickness, noon sickness, afternoon sickness, evening sickness, and midnight sickness. I finally stopped feeling bad about midnight last night and started again about 7:30 this morning when I woke up. I ate a bagel felt a little better and then an hour and a half later my stomach started revolting. My biggest fear right now is that I can't keep my vitamins down. Right now is the crucial period where vital organs and spinal cord are forming and folic acid is crucial. I'm going to try and take them at a different time of the day and see if it helps. I tried Starlight Peppermints (thanks K!) and they worked for a while, but last night I got sick when I put one in so I think I will stay away from those for a while. I am going to go and track down 'preggo pops' and try those (thanks Court!) Any other suggestions are most welcome!

2 comments:

  1. The name shouldn't be morning sickness. It should be called progesterone poisoning. And, you might want to give Sea Bands a try. They are accupressure bands that are suppose to work wonders for both morning sickness and motion sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I've been out of the blogosphere for a while, so I missed your news when you first posted it in your other blog. But congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Wishing you much joy! :)

    ReplyDelete