Friday, September 4, 2009

T-G-I-F!!!!!!


Hello, remember me? Sorry it's been so long...here is a quick recap of the past couple of weeks.


Last Monday I came home from my night class and was having horrible abdominal pangs, felt like period cramps on steroids...some were so painful that I was getting short of breath. I laid down on the couch and put my feet up and they seemed to diminish some, but came back throughout the week, especially when I was on my feet a lot. I finally sucked it up and called my doc last Thursday. They wanted to see me Friday. When we went in, they did a doppler and the heartbeat sounded fine. He said it could be a number of things, including stress, getting off the progesterone, or just growing pangs. Since then things have been going fine.


Morning sickness is still hanging around, but getting less pronounced. I haven't gotten sick since last Saturday, so I am crossing my fingers that it is making a quiet exit (knock on wood!) My belly just kind of showed up a couple days ago...I thought it was just the food I ate, but it doesn't seem to be going away. It's very little compared to other pregnant bellies, but it is a belly none the less, and people actually seem to be getting that I am pregnant and not just cranky and fat :)


We have our next appointment on September 15. I hope they do a sonogram that day so we can find out what gender the baby is. I have started trying to register for stuff, but it makes it hard to register for clothes and things for the nursery when you don't know what colors to get. If not I suppose I can make it to our 20 week appointment, although I may not be a very pleasant person. I am very Type A, and like to prepare well ahead of time for things, so waiting until then will practically kill me!


Hope all is well with everyone else!

2 comments:

  1. So glad the m/s is easing up a bit. I love that TGIF pic. I have to use that. It is so perfect.

    Post a pic of that cute belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the m/s is easing up and the pains proved to be nothing.

    ReplyDelete